After conducting research into the application architecture, we determined that it would be more efficient to start from scratch than try to fix all of the existing problems. We organized a meeting with TTG and explained both the business and technological benefits of starting anew. It was agreed that Softwarium would start working on developing the new .NET Core application and TTG on its end, would start migrating data and continue to update the previous version, and try to support new functionality.
After a couple of months, the new architecture was ready and we maintained the monolithic approach, as requested by TTG. Softwarium used its experience and know-how in application development by creating a monolithic architecture where all of the features each worked independently of each other. The new domain driven design would separate all of the features into separate components. Also, the front-end and back-end now worked independently of each other. In other words, the new architecture was something in between a monolithic and microservice architecture we started with a monolith and then gradually split and migrated to microservices, which proved to be much better in terms of scalability. When Softwarium presented the new version of the application to TTG, they were very impressed and decided to add additional developers to the project to speed up migration to the newest version. Another four developers were tasked with maintaining the old version until the migration was complete.